Borrow Library Laptops & Equipment
Current Cal Poly Humboldt students, staff, and faculty with a valid Campus ID may check out equipment from the Library Checkout Desk on the first floor.
Borrowers are responsible for all applicable charges of the equipment, or if any included accessory, is damaged, lost, stolen, or returned late.
Equipment must be returned to the Checkout Desk. Do not place equipment in a Library book drop or book return slot.
- Laptops - PCs, Macs, Chromebooks
- Calculators - TI-84 Plus, TI-30X IIS
- Cell Phone Chargers and Power Banks
- Cameras - Canon, Nikon, GoPro
- Video Cameras - Canon Vixia, GoPro, Insta 360
- Audio Recorders/Mics - Zoom, Sennheiser, Sure, Rode
- Accessories - Tripods, Projectors, Sound Systems, Lighting Systems
- And more
Laptop & Equipment Loan Period and Conditions of Use
- Equipment circulates for 3 days or a full semester, depending on equipment
- Chromebooks and Macs circulate for a full semester (limited laptops, first come, first serve)
- PCs circulate for both 3 days and a full semester (limited laptops, first come, first serve)
- $5 per day overdue fine
- Equipment replacement cost is between $20 and $2000
- Renewals may be granted based on equipment - no holds
Laptops and equipment must be used in compliance with the following policies:
- Guidelines for Responsible Computing at Cal Poly Humboldt (Appropriate Use Policy)
- Policy for Responsible Computing in the Cal Poly Humboldt Library
Software Available on Laptops
Laptops include the same software found on any Library computer, including:
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser(s)
- And more
- Can I save documents on the Library laptop?
- Save your files to the Google Drive or your USB device. Files saved to the desktop or the C: drive will be lost.
- Can I print from a Library laptop?
- Yes. Printing is via Pay for Print. You will need money on the C-Card to print.
Need More Help?
For questions about the Library equipment, please visit the Library Circulation Desk or call (707) 826-3431. Please report any hardware or software problems to staff at the Checkout Desk when returning the equipment.