About InterLibrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan, or ILL, is a means for you to get access to library materials! We get items from libraries around the world that can't be found at HSU Library or are currently not available at the HSU Library. Place a request and we will acquire the materials from any library that is able to lend it. You'll be notified via email when the item is available for use. Returning materials on time and in good condition ensures that the library will share materials with us again in the future.
The first time you use interlibrary loan to acquire something not held by another CSU Library or if you are looking for something in an electronic format, you may be required to register in our system that supports this type of borrowing: https://humboldt.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html.
Please contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com.
How long does it take to get my requested items?
- Articles / book chapter / scanned materials: within 1-3 days, unless it is a not easily available
- Loans via the catalog: within a week
- Loans via the form: a week or more
What can I get through ILL?
- Articles, book chapters, theses, books, movies, dvds/blue ray, cds, maps
How do I check the status of my request?
- If requested via CSU+ in a catalog search, your request will be listed under the request tab in your library account until it is checked out to you. There aren’t any status updates until you are notified that it has arrived at HSU.
- If requested via the form submission under interlibrary loan, the request updates can be viewed in your interlibrary loan account.
|Request Received||Your request has been submitted and is awaiting processing|
|Request in Progress||We are working on identifying potential suppliers for this request|
|Request Sent||Our staff have processed the request and sent it to other libraries to be filled|
|Available for Pickup||At the library waiting for you to pick it up|
|Checked out to you||You have this item|
Who can use InterLibrary Loan at HSU?
- HSU students, staff, faculty, emeritus faculty
Does ILL work for textbooks?
- You can submit ILL requests for textbooks, although the items are not regularly available as many libraries will not lend them. A scan of a book chapter is much more likely to be filled. Please check out the textbooks on reserve program.