Your first ID is automatically printed when you upload your "Self Photo" to your myHumboldt account (directions below). We will send your ID to your home address or your dorm if you are planning on living on campus. Please make sure your mailing address is current in your myHumboldt personal information.
- Log into myHumboldt using your Cal Poly Humboldt username and password
- In the top left PeopleSoft menu, search for Self Photo
- Click Self Photo and then Upload Photo
- You will need to browse to the photo you wish to upload. Once located, click OK.
Please prepare your photo to match these requirements:
- Must have a white background
- Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted)
- Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only
- Cropped from just above the top of head to collarbone
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo
- The file must be in jpg or jpeg format
- File size cannot exceed 5MB
- No inappropriate or offensive photographs
- No sunglasses
Replacement ID card for Students and Staff/Faculty
If you need to replace your ID card or get a new staff/faculty card, you can either stop in the Library or fill out the correct form below and have it sent to your home. Replacement IDs cost $5.00. We can either bill your student account or pay in cash at the Cashiers office and return with the receipt. If you have any questions, please email us.
More ID Information
ID Services offers the following:
- ID cards for Students, Staff, and Faculty
- Badges for campus use
- Library Community Borrower cards for people not affiliated with the campus such as Alum and Residents. (Not currently available because of COVID-19 closure.)
This photo will be your permanent Cal Poly Humboldt ID card picture throughout your time at Humboldt. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo.
- Why do I need a Cal Poly Humboldt ID Card?
- How much does it cost?
- My card is damaged and no longer works
- How long is it good for?
- How do I deposit money onto my C-card or J Point accounts?
- What do I need to get a Community Borrower Card?
- How do I care for my card?
- Use as a Cal Poly Humboldt Library card for checking out library materials.
- The ID card is your Jack Pass, providing unlimited rides on public transportation across Humboldt County. The Eureka Transit Service, Humboldt Transit Authority, and Arcata and Mad River Transit System are participants. Click here for bus schedules.
- Receive discounts on software and hardware at the Campus Bookstore.
- Use as a debit card for on campus purchases.
- Use the Student Health Center.
- Use the campus computer labs.
- Buy discount tickets at the University Box Office.
- Attend athletic events for free.
- Eat meals and do laundry in the residence halls.
- Use as a door key if you live on campus.
- Get discounts at local businesses.
- Get a campus parking permit.
- For new students who have never attended Cal Poly Humboldt previously, a $5.00 charge for your first card is included in your fees.
- A replacement card can be purchased for $5.00. Access Services Staff will add a $5.00 charge to your account, and then issue your replacement ID.
- If your card develops wear which prevents it from working for campus related functions (purchases, bus, events), request a new replacement, and destroy the damaged card when the new one arrives. The magnetic strip on the old card will be deactivated.
- The replacement card will work immediately for all transactions requiring a student ID number. On campus housing students will also need to go to the Housing Office to have their card encoded with their room key code.
- You may have to pay a bus fare for that trip. Obtain a receipt from the bus driver and take the receipt to the UPD window in the SBS building.
- Your ID card should last throughout your academic or employment career at Cal Poly Humboldt.
- Employees of Cal Poly Humboldt (Staff/Faculty) are required to turn in their ID cards upon termination or retirement. Depending on their status, a former employee could be eligible for a Retirement ID card that would allow library privileges. Please consult with your departments for further information.
How do I deposit money onto my C-card account?
In person (it takes some minutes for the deposit to show on the account)
- SBS Cashier's Office
- Housing Office in Jolly Giant Commons, 3rd floor
- You will need to provide a credit card number. There is a 3.5% transaction fee for this service.
- Community Borrowers services have been temporarily discontinued during COVID-19 closure.
- Cal Poly Humboldt ID cards should be carried in a protective holder or wallet. Close proximity to magnetic fields (TVs, cell phones, computers, etc.) may decode the magnetic stripe on the card. Holes should not be punched in the mag stripe area of the card. Try to avoid punching holes in your card, as it may loosen the polycarbonate laminate covering.
To maximize the longevity of your card, please avoid doing the following which could be potentially damaging:
- Leave your card in the hot sun
- Bite it
- Habitually bend it
- Rub it up against another mag stripe
- Send it through the wash and dry cycles