Your first student ID will be printed after you upload a "Self Photo" to your myHumboldt account (directions below).
- Log into myHumboldt using your Cal Poly Humboldt username and password
- Click on Student Center
- In the left menu, click Self Photo
- Click Upload Photo
- Browse to the photo you wish to upload then click OK
Please prepare your photo to match these requirements:
- Must have a white background
- Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted)
- Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only
- Cropped from just above the top of head to collarbone
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo
- The file must be in jpg or jpeg format
- File size cannot exceed 5MB
- No inappropriate or offensive photographs
- No sunglasses or other accessories
This photo will be your permanent Cal Poly Humboldt ID card picture throughout your time at Humboldt. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo.
We will send your ID to your dorm if you are planning on living on campus. Students living off-campus are notified when their ID is available for pick up in the Library. Distance learning students may request that their ID be mailed by contacting email@example.com. Please verify your mailing address in your myHumboldt account before making your request.
Replacement ID card for Students
If you need to replace your ID card, please visit the Library or complete this form: Student Replacement ID Form
Replacement ID cards cost $5.00 and are charged to your student account. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New or Replacement ID cards for Staff / Faculty / Administrators
If you need to obtain a new ID or replace an existing ID, please fill out the form or visit the Library during open hours: Faculty, Staff, Administrator New or Replacement ID Form. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
More ID Information
ID Services offers the following:
- ID cards for Students, Staff, and Faculty
- Identification badges for campus use
- Community & Guest Borrower library cards are available to purchase for individuals not currently affiliated with the University.
- Why do I need a Cal Poly Humboldt ID Card?
- How much does it cost?
- How long does it take to get my ID card?
- My card is damaged and no longer works
- How long is it good for?
- What is the C-card?
- How do I care for my card?
Why do I need a Cal Poly Humboldt ID card?
- Use as a Cal Poly Humboldt Library card for checking out library materials.
- The ID card is your Jack Pass, providing unlimited rides on public transportation across Humboldt County. The Eureka Transit Service, Humboldt Transit Authority, and Arcata and Mad River Transit System are participants. Click here for bus schedules.
- Receive discounts on software and hardware at the Campus Bookstore.
- Use as a debit card for on campus purchases.
- Use the Student Health Center.
- Use the campus computer labs.
- Buy discount tickets at the University Box Office.
- Attend athletic events for free.
- Eat meals and do laundry in the residence halls.
- Use as a door key if you live on campus.
- Get discounts at local businesses.
- Get a campus parking permit.
How much does an ID card cost?
- Cal Poly Humboldt students receive their first Student ID card free of charge upon enrollment.
- Should the need arise, a replacement card can be purchansed for $5.00. Access Services Staff will add a $5.00 charge to your account, and then issue your replacement ID.
How long does it take to get my ID card?
- Typically, the card is available a few days after we received your request online. Walk-in IDs can be printed in 10-20 minutes.
My Cal Poly Humboldt ID card is damaged and no longer works
- If your card develops wear which prevents it from working for campus related functions (use as room key, as transit pass, etc.), request a new replacement, and destroy the damaged card when the new one arrives. The magnetic strip on the old card will be deactivated.
- The replacement card will work immediately for all transactions requiring a student ID number. On campus housing students will also need to go to the Housing Office to have their card encoded with their room key code.
- You may have to pay a bus fare for that trip. Obtain a receipt from the bus driver and take the receipt to the UPD window in the SBS building.
How long is the Cal Poly Humboldt ID card valid?
- Your ID card should last throughout your academic or employment career at Cal Poly Humboldt.
- Employees of Cal Poly Humboldt (Staff/Faculty) are required to turn in their ID cards upon termination or retirement. Depending on their status, a former employee could be eligible for a Retirement ID card that would allow library privileges. Please consult with your departments for further information.
- The Humboldt Convenience Card (C-Card) is tied to your Humboldt student, faculty, or staff ID card.
- You may activite your ID card to serve as a debit account by making an initial deposit to the card. Your card may then be used for purchases at any participating campus location.
- Cal Poly Humboldt ID cards should be carried in a protective holder or wallet. Close proximity to magnetic fields (TVs, cell phones, computers, etc.) may decode the magnetic stripe on the card. Holes should not be punched in the mag stripe area of the card. Try to avoid punching holes in your card, as it may loosen the polycarbonate laminate covering.
To maximize the longevity of your card, please avoid doing the following which could be potentially damaging:
- Leave your card in the hot sun
- Bite it
- Habitually bend it
- Rub it up against another mag stripe
- Send it through the wash and dry cycles