Borrowing & Renewing Library Materials
Most of our bookstacks are open to the public, and in-library use of materials does not require a campus ID Card. In-library use of some protected collections require a valid Library ID card.
In general, Library borrowing is available to anyone 18 years of age or over who is either affiliated with the University or a member of the local community. The online Library Catalog, which contains access information for most of the resources housed in the Library, may be searched from any location.
Checkout of all allowable Library items and materials is done at the Checkout Desk, located in the Library lobby and staffed at all hours that the Library is open.
The page menu at the right provides additional information on loan periods and the specifics of borrowing.
In general, items from the main stacks on the 2nd and 3rd floors may be renewed three times, upon request. See renewal guidelines for graduate students, staff, faculty, community users, and alumni on the page menu for more information.
Many special material categories are NOT renewable: CDs, videos/DVDs, Children's Literature and Curriculum Collections, Humboldt County Collection and Archives, government documents, and periodicals. Items which another campus borrower has requested are also not renewable. For renewal of Interlibrary Loan materials see the Interlibrary Loan link.
Renewals may be requested online, by telephone, or in person at the Checkout Desk. The new due date will be one additional loan period from the date of renewal.
To access a list of your library materials, visit OneSearch and select My Account from the top right menu (alternatively, go directly to the login page).
- You will be asked for your Humboldt username and password. If already logged in, you will be taken directly to your My Account page.
- A list of loaned items will appear, and a box at the left of each item can be clicked to select the item(s) you wish to renew.
- Click on the "Renew" button next to an item to proceed with the renewal. "Renew all" may also be selected.
- The list will update with new due dates for the selected item(s).
Renewal may not be allowed if:
- a hold has been placed by another borrower,
- an item is excessively overdue, or
- policy does not allow renewal.
- To protect the privacy of your account, be sure to sign out when finished.
Contact the Circulation Office at (707) 826-3431 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Items may be renewed by telephone at (707) 826-3431 when the Library is open. Have your Campus ID handy; you will be asked for the barcode number on the back of the ID.
Items may also be renewed at the Checkout Desk, with or without bringing in the books. Your Campus ID barcode will be required to access your checkout record.