HSU Banned Book Read-Outs Participants "First Memory of Reading a Book"
Submitted by War Dances on Wed, 2014-10-22 17:02
- a Mickey Mouse version of a Christmas Carol
- I was younger and I tried to read a doctor Suess book
- is when I went to the library and got my first library card and checked out my first book
- I read the Everybody Poops book with my mother
- I think I had a picture dictionary as a very young child my grandmother taught me to read when I was 4.
- I remember reading a "Dick and Jane" type of book with her.
- I remember learning to read with those easy read books.
- It was about a buttercup fairy my first memory of reading is with my sister helping me catch up my reading skills.
- Books were Clifford "The Big Red Dog" and Dr. Seuss "Green Eggs and Ham"
- I can not remember my first book, but all my books are a part of me I was so excited when I could read "Call of the Wild" by Jack London, from my father's bookshelf!
- reading Dr. Suess books and building houses from them; listening to my dad read to me from Dr. Seuss and telling him when he got the inflection wrong
- my grandma bought me a series of Curious George books and read them with me
- Rotten Island by William Steig
- George and Martha
- reading "Are you my mommy?" with mum
- my first memory of reading a book is reading Goodnight Moon and Where the Wild Things Are
- my parents always read me bed time stories snuggling under my blanket with dragons and knights