Cal Poly Humboldt Writing Studio opens January 24
The Writing Studio, a program of the Learning Center, offers free writing support for Cal Poly Humboldt students at any state of the writing process, from brainstorming to final touches. Students of all levels in and in all majors can benefit from discussing their writing projects with the friendly, trained writing consultants. In-person sessions will be held in the Learning Center (Library 1st floor) and online sessions will be held over Zoom and email.
The Writing Studio opens in-person and online on Monday, January 24.
- In-Person and Zoom consultations for live conversations about your ideas and your draft. Available days and evenings. Schedule a session.
- Email consultations for written feedback. Make an appointment first and then submit your draft using the online submission form. You will receive feedback within 8 hours of your appointment.
Trained Writing Consultants are availble from a range of majors - including Engineering, Biology, English, Psychology, and Geology - to provide consultations on all types of writing projects.
We can help with:
- Getting started on a writing project
- Incorporating and analyzing sources
- Organizing arguments and linking ideas
- Using academic voice and style
- Improving grammar and punctuation
- And much more
Watch this video (3 min), created by Writing Studio Consultants that demonstrate what a brainstorming consultation might look like over Zoom.
The Writing Studio and the rest of the Learning Center look forward to working with you!