Atkinson Family Library Scholar Internships on Tourism & Travel
Are you interested in the tourism and travel industry? Apply to be an Atkinson Family Library Scholar Intern!
HSU Library is seeking two Library Scholar Interns to work as a team on a Tourism & Travel Project that runs from February to May 20, 2021. This paid internship provides a stipend of $500 upon the completion of the internship project, consisting of:
- Developing an exhibit May 5-11 and an event for National Tourism Day on May 7.
- Performing research and gathering information and data about tourism and travel for Humboldt County.
- Developing a resource guide.
Team roles and duties will be tailored to the talents and interests of the interns.
In addition to developing a resource guide, the Library Scholars will:
- Maintain an internship log, including experiences and challenges that they encountered over the course of their project. Meet together at least one hour each week.
- Perform research and interviews to gather resources, develop a resource guide and suggested resources on tourism and travel, eco- and edu- tourism, and other related resources.
- Gather information from a variety of sources - web pages, news sources, interviews, etc, - to understand the tourism and travel interests at HSU and in the region.
- Evaluate existing travel apps and how Humboldt County is represented.
- Write a brief reflection of the internship.
HSU students will work individually and as a team to gain hands-on experience researching, evaluating resources, and developing a resource guide of recommended readings for tourism and travel.
For more information or to apply, please send a brief resume, availability schedule, and brief cover letter expressing your interest for this unique opportunity to Cyril Oberlander, Dean of HSU Library at Cyril.Oberlander@Humboldt.edu by Friday, January 29, 2021.