Soil Science Journals
The research paper published in a peer-reviewed journal represents the most important "primary" source of information in soil science. The Literature of Science research guide discusses other general information sources in the sciences, including soil science.
In the HSU Library the Journal and Newpaper Finder lists soil science journals by journal title that are available to HSU students, facutly and staff. If not available locally copies can be requested through the Library's efficient Interlibrary Loan Service.
The following sources list important soil science journals by title:
- Journals Ranked by Impact--select "Soil Science". Lists the ten most highly cited soil science journals.
- "Primary Journals in Soil Science" (McDonald) IN Literature of Soil Science (McDonald) 1994 (S 590.45 L58 1994), pp 257-274. List 44 core soil science journals and serials.
- Science Citation Index-Soil Science-Journal List Lists the 22 core journals covered in the Science Citation Index.
- SCImago Journal & Country Rank -- select the subject area "Agricultural and Biological Sciences" and then the subject category "Soil Science". Lists over 60 highly cited soil science journals.
- "Soil Science" (Casler and Schneider) IN Using the Agricultural, Environmental and Food Literature (Hutchinson and Greider) 2002 (ref S 494.5 A39 U75 2002), pp 451-487. Lists 43 soil science journals and serials.
Databases listed in Articles and Databases: Soil Science can be used to find individual research papers by author, subject, taxonomic category, habitat type, life stage, chemical compound, geographic area, etc. Most HSU Library literature databases include links from each record to the matching journal record in the Journal and Newspaper Finder.