Environmental Education and Interpretation Research Guide
- Journals and Magazines
- Common Ground: Preserving our Nation's Heritage (US National Park Service)
- CONNECT: The International Science, Technology, and Environmental Education Newsletter (UNESCO)
- CRM: Journal of Heritage Stewardship (US National Park Service)
- Curator (American Museum of Natural History)
- Journal of Environmental Education
- Journal of Interpretation (National Association for Interpretation)
- Journal of Interpretation Research (National Associations for Interpretation)
- Legacy (National Association for Interpretation)
- Park Science (US National Park Service)
Listed below are important interpretation journals and magazines. For local availability and format check the HSU Journal and Newspaper Finder.
- Bibliography of Historical Interpretation (Grabitske)
- Bibliography of Interpretive Resources (Brown and Lee) 2003 (IN Journal of Interpretation Research Vol 8(2) Periodical SB 486.I57 J68) Comprehenive bibliography to interpretation literature covering the last 50 years. Arranged into broad categories that include ecotourism, diversity, environmental education, exhibits and signs, funding, sustainable design, urban environment, visitor studies, volunteers and docents, and zoos.
- Interpretive Research Bibliography (Winzeler and Cherem) 1978 (SB 481 W55 1978) The first interpretation bibliography.
- Museology Bibliography(BMUSE) (Canadian Heritage Information Network ) Includes 25,000 references from journal articles, books, and reports published from 1900 to the present on all aspects of museums, including interpetation.
- Museum Studies Bibliographies (Smithsonian Center for Education and Museum Studies) Contains citations on a range of museum topics including museum role and function, their history and philosophy, and their nature and structure.
- Interpreter's Green Pages (National Association for Interpretation) Companies and organizations that provide a wide range of interpretive products and services.
- Interpretive Planning: The 5-M Model For Successful Planning Projects (Brochu) 2003 (GV181.18 B76 2003)
- Sign and Poster Guidelines for the Forest Service (US Forest Service) 2005 (Engineering Manual 7100-15)
- Wayside Exhibits: a Guide to Developing Outdoor Interpretive Exhibits (US National Park Serice) 2009 (print copy available in Docs I 29.9/2:W36)