Searching Legal Information on LexisNexis Academic
Listed below are resources that provide guidance in searching for legal information in LexisNexis Academic.
- Areas of Law (LexisNexis) Provides guidance in searching specific legal areas, e.g., education law, consumer law, entertainment law.
- Boolean Searching (LexisNexis) Lists options for connecting keywords and wildcard symbols for keyword truncation.
- Common Legal Document Sections (LexisNexis) See Constructing a Segment Search for how to limit your search to a specific section of a document.
- Legal Citation Formats (LexisNexis) Gives examples of the precise format that must be entered if you want to search using a legal citation.
- Lexis Nexis Academic Legal Research Guide (University of Arizona Law Library) Gives a step-by-step approach for searching the different types of legal resources available in LexisNexis Academic.
- Shepard's Citations (LexisNexis) Gives the procedure for how to determine the "status" of a case and to view all citations to the case.