HSU Library Catalog Contents
The HSU Library Catalog contains approximately 600,000 records with accompanying circulation status for books and other materials that are either available physically in the University Library or linked to digital materials somewhere on a server in the world.
- Books -- includes those found in the main collection, Case Collection, Curriculum Collection, Children's Literature Collection, HSU Archives, Humboldt County Collection, and Reference Collection
- ebooks -- includes approximately 30,000 ebook titles that can be viewed online
- Compact Discs and Phonorecords -- see Audio Recordings Collection for search tips
- Government Documents -- includes United States government documents since April 1998 and California State documents since 1999 that have been added to the Government Documents Collection. For earlier documents in the Library use:
- for federal documents published between 1976 and April 1998 use either the US Government Publications Monthly Catalog (HSU users only) or the Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (free version)
- for federal document prior to 1976 use the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications (print copy available in the Government Documents Collection)
- for other specialized federal document indexes see the Government Documents research guide
- for California documents prior to 1999 see Finding California State Documents
- Internet Resources and Computer Files
- Journals, Magazines, Newspapers and Other Serials -- includes titles that are available in print format in the Library and fulltext titles on a selective basis. Use the Journal and Newspaper Finder for a complete list of print and fulltext titles. For subject and author access to individual articles search databases listed on the Articles and Databases page.
- Maps and Atlases -- see Atlas and Map Collection for search tips
- Microforms -- includes microfiche, microcard, and microfilm materials found in the Microform Collection
- Music Scores -- see Scores and Sheet Music for search tips
- Videorecordings and Films -- see Video & DVD Collection for search tips