Interlibrary Loan Policies & Guidelines
ILL User Responsibilities
- Libraries loan to us as a courtesy. To maintain our reputation as a borrowing library and to retain our borrowing privileges among lenders, we must adhere to the rules and restrictions imposed by those libraries. Therefore, the ILL staff reserves the right to deny service to any user who abuses the ILL system and jeopardizes our ability to deliver quality service to our patrons. Abuses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently failing to return ILL material on time
- Failure to return items within 5 days of a recall notice.
- Refusal to acknowledge or respond to overdue notices.
- Defacing ILL material or any accompanying paperwork.
- Material borrowed for you should be used within the time allotted by the lending library and treated with care. The lending library assigns the due date which will be clearly marked on the book band. You will be charged $1 per day for overdue items.
- There is no limit on the amount of material you can request, however, during busy periods we may need to restrict the amount of requests per person per day to 10. Before making a request, check the HSU Library Catalog and/or the Journal and Newspaper Finder to see if the Library already owns the item. ILL will cancel and return requests that are listed as available at HSU.
- When loaned ILL material arrives, you will be notified via e-mail.
- Electronic material: Most articles are received electronically and you will be sent e-mail notification when it becomes available. You will then be able to access it online through your ILL account.
- Some articles are in PDF formats and will be sent to you as e-mail attachments.
- Some articles are in hardcopy. We will send you an email to pick it up at the Circulation desk.
- Borrowed material is expected to be returned on time to the Circulation Desk or ILL Department. Do not return to a book drop.
- Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library and must be requested before the due date. To request a renewal, logon to your ILL account and choose the “View/Renew Checked Out Items” button. You will be notified when the lender approves or denies the renewal.
- If you have already had a renewal or if the renewal has been denied, do not hold on to the book! Come see us or give us a call. We can request the item from a different lender and work with you to ensure your research continues with minimal disruption.
- The HSU Library absorbs all costs associated with most ILL transactions allowing users free access to ILL services. On occasion, we incur charges above what we are able to subsidize and it is necessary to pass these charges on to the user. We will not process such requests without the user’s informed consent.
- Report any accidents or damage to the ILL staff immediately.