Accessing ONCORES Readings
- Open the HSU Library homepage.
- Under Search & Locate, select Course Reserves to go directly to the Course Reserves search interface in the HSU Library Catalog.
- Use one or more of the drop-down menus on the Course Reserve search screen to locate both online and print reserve readings by instructor name, department, and/or course number.
Once you have retrieved your search results, select your title from the list:
- If the location listed under that title reads "ONCORES (Use Internet Link)," select the title link, which will take you to a brief library record for the reading. Proceed to step 5.
- If the location listed under that title reads "Reserve Desk, first floor," proceed to the Circulation/Reserve Desk in the main lobby on the first floor of the Library to check out a print copy of the reserve reading. A photo ID is required.
- From the brief library record display, select the link labeled "Internet Link."
- After selecting the link labeled "Internet Link," you will be prompted to enter your HSU name and password (the same you use for your email).
- Once you have successfully logged in to ONCORES, you will receive a page with a copyright notice, a disclaimer, and a link that you should select to access your reading.
NOTE on Format: Most ONCORES documents are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). In order to access PDF documents, your web browser will need Acrobat Reader software. Acrobat Reader is available on all computers in the Library, as well as all Academic Computing Labs on campus. Acrobat Reader software can also be downloaded to your personal computer free-of-charge from the Adobe web site. ONCORES documents that are in HTML format are readable from any web browser without additional software.