If you do not find what you need using the HSU Library Catalog try the following library catalogs. HSU students, faculty and staff can request materials using options built into the CSU Catalog and WorldCat. For materials found in other catalogs you will need to complete a regular Interlibrary Loan request. Average time to receive requested material is nine days unless noted differently.
CSU Catalog: search the combined catalogs of all 23 California State University libraries--over 3 million unique items. (Average time to receive requested material is 8 days.)
WorldCat (HSU users only): search 81 million titles held by 50,000 libraries worldwide.
Melvyl Catalog : search the combined catalog of the University of California libraries, the California State Library, the California Academy of Sciences, and other research libraries--over 10 million unique items.
North State Cooperative Library System : search the holdings of most public and academic libraries in the 13 northern counties of California, including College of the Redwoods and the Humboldt County Library System.
XtremeSearch Library Catalogs : simultaneously search seven library catalogs at once--HSU Library Catalog, CSU Union Catalog, Melvyl, US Government Publications Monthly Catalog, WorldCat, California State Library Catalog, and COPAC.
- California State University Libraries: contains links to individual CSU libraries.
- UC Library Web Servers: contains links to individual University of California libraries
- California State Library: includes California government documents
- College of the Redwoods Library
- Humboldt County Library
- European Library: search 130 million records from 44 European national libraries
- COPAC: contains 32 million records from the Consortium of Research Libraries in the British Isles.
- RLG Union Catalog (HSU users only): contains over 40 million titles held by over 160 research universities, national libraries, historical societies, and other research institutions
- Library of Congress Online Catalog: includes 12 million records
- Digital Book Index: provides links to more than 110,000 records (72,000 for free) from 1800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities and other sites
- ebrary* (HSU users only): provides access to over 24,000 books; fulltext content is searchable
- Gale Virtual Reference Library* (HSU users only): collection of 93 ebook reference titles
- Google Book Search: fulltext content of included books is searchable; out-of-copyright books can be downloaded in pdf format; books still in copyright have limited extracts for viewing
- History E-Book Project* (HSU users only): provides access to 1,400 books; fulltext is searchable
- National Academies Press: search by title or fulltext keywords in over 3,000 online books from this major publisher of scientific and policy works; you can also browse their list of titles by subject category
- Online Books Page: includes links to over 25,000 free books on the web
- Open-Access Text Archive: includes approximately 200,000 online books
- Safari Tech Books Online* (HSU users only)
*records for individual titles included in the HSU Library Catalog
Guides to Other Libraries
- LIBDEX: The Library Index: searchable index to over 18,000 libraries; search by country, state, city, or library name
- Libweb: Library Servers via WWW: lists over 7,100 library web servers worldwide
- International Union Catalogs: arranged by continent
- National Library Catalogues Worldwide: arranged by country