Research Guides: Taxes
- Essential Links - Taxes - Lists major tax sites, places to go for tax information,
commercial tax sites, and international taxes.
- USTaxCenter - A consumer-oriented source with answers to general tax questions and
links to many other tax related sites.
- Legalbitstream - "Tax law research website that provides searchable databases of United States federal inome tax and estate tax law. Databases include complete and timely updated Internal Revenue Service documents and caselaw opinions from all federal courts that issue federal tax law guidance. Caselaw and IRS documents (i) contain formatting substantially similar to the original source materials, (ii) include all tables, images, appendices, and exhibits, and (iii) include formatting which permits all text, tables and graphics to print without cropping at the right page margin, which make Legalbitstream stand out among other services."
- Tax, Accounting and Payroll Sites Directory - Includes pointers to general tax sites and accounting sites.
- WorldWideWeb Tax - This site aims to serve as the most comprehensive online source for a broad range of tax information. While the site does offer a for-fee e-file service, it also features a wealth of free information, including IRS forms, IRS instructions, IRS publications, IRS tables, IRS rate schedules, IRS charts, and IRS worksheets. Also included are FAQs, tips and strategies, state tax information, and a glossary of tax terms.
- Bankrate.com - Tax rates and advice for federal and state income and other taxes.
- California Tax Forms, Instructions, and Publications - State of California Franchise Tax Board's site withtax forms and instructions, calculators and tables, law changes, and much more information.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Tax Code, Regulations and Official Guidance - From the IRS.
- Tax History Project - Site provides scholars, policymakers, students, the media, and citizens with information about the history of American taxation. The project pursues its mission through a program of web-based documentary publication and original historical research.
- Tax Research at the HSU Library - Use this site for specific assistance on doing tax research at the HSU Library.
- Tax Statistics - Wide range of tables, articles, and data that describe and measure elements of the U.S. tax system produced by the Statistics of Income Division and other areas of the IRS.