Research Guides: Investment
Large Sites and General Guides
- Bloomberg - Business & Financial News - One of the best sources for information on ongoing activity within the world's financial markets, including equity indexes; stock, bond, and commodity prices; currency exchange; interest rates; and mutual funds.
- Daily Stocks - Another excellent place to begin your search for information on stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Enter a company and you are linked to quotes, charts, news, SEC Filings, research Rpts, earnings estimates, magazine articles, fundamentals.
- Investopedia.com - A complete, unbiased, and easy to understand educational guide to investing and personal finance. The site includes a comprehensive investing dictionary on the web as well as tutorials and articles covering just about every area of the market.
- InvestorGuide.com - InvestorGuide is a full service investment portal and includes news wires of investment news from reputable sources such as CNNfn, Washington Post, Forbes, and MSNBC.
- Morningstar - Morningstar includes information about publicly traded mutual funds and stocks.
- SocialFunds.com - SocialFunds.com has over 10,000 pages of strategic content to help you make informed investment decisions regarding socially responsible investing.
- Yahoo!Finance - An excellent place to begin looking for information on stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Bob Brinker's Marketimer - Bob Brinker, moderator of the widely syndicated radio show MoneyTalk, maintains a very nice list of web links covering banks, bonds, financial news and information, mutual funds, online trading, stock exchanges, etc.
- QuoteCom - Provides stock prices, charts, news and world stock information.
- Investing in Bonds - This site is produced by The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) and lets you track corporate bonds, as well as Treasuries and municipal bonds.
- Treasury Direct - TreasuryDirect is the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem securities directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form. From this site product information and research across the entire line of Treasury Securities, from Series EE Savings Bonds to Treasury Notes is available. TreasuryDirect accounts offer Treasury Bills, Notes, Bonds, Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS), and Series I and EE Savings Bonds in electronic form in one convenient account. From the Tools bar, you can find a savings bond calculator which will price Series EE, E, I bonds, and Savings Notes.
- Investment Company Institute - This is the national association of U.S. investment companies, including mutual funds, closed-end funds, ETFs, and UITs.
- MutualFundsnet.com - Mutualfundsnet is an industry directory specific to mutual funds and related information. They identify, review, and regularly update product sponsors and distributors, jobs, news, and regulatory and resources relevant to the mutual fund industry.
- Yahoo!Finance – Mutual Funds Center - General site where you can find current and historical prices; charts; company profiles of various mutual funds; fund screeners; lists of top performers; investor education.