Research Guides: International Business
- Country Commercial Guides - These guides are prepared annually by United States embassies together with other government agencies and include information on the economic trends and outlook, political environment, market for U.S products, trade regulations, investment climate, trade financing and travel in the CCG. An appendix containing the country's main economic indicators is also included in the report.
- DoingBusiness - Doing Business is a site prepared by the World Bank which measures regulatory costs of doing business in over 175 countries. There is also information on starting a business; hiring and firing workers; enforcing a contract; getting credit; closing a business; and economy characteristics.
- Economic Commission For Latin America and the Caribbean - This is the web site for the UN Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC). It is the public record of its work, including press releases, interviews, speeches, op-ed pieces, and statements of the Secretary-General, as well as PDF versions of nearly all its publications in both English and Spanish. Some of the publications available at this site include the Statistical Yearbook, Economic Survey of Latin America and the Caribbean, and Foreign Investment in Latin America.
- The Forbes List of the World's Biggest Public Companies - Forbes magazine's list list of the top ranking international companies. Companies can be searched by name, country, or industry type. Company listings contain contact information and website addresses, and of course, the numbers: basic revenue, assets, market value, and stock price and earnings information.
- globalEDGE - Created by the Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, this website "provides international business and trade information on over 200 countries, the 50 U.S. states, as well as nearly two dozen industry sectors, and many of the world’s trade blocs."
- International Monetary Fund - This site contains significant amounts of information about the organization, international monetary cooperation, and member countries. There are links to IMF research and statistics, sections on how the IMF gets and lends its money, as well as monthly and quarterly statistics on IMF financial transactions.
- Trade Data Online - "Provides the ability to generate customized reports on Canada's and U.S. trade in goods with over 200 countries." Search by product or industry. The data is provided by Statistics Canada and by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- ViewsWire - This database is produced by the Economic Intelligent Unit Economist Group and provides information about multinational business. It includes rankings of countries for "e-business readiness" as well as data on the political, economic, and business environment in 187 countries. Free, but registration is required to access the content.
- WTO & GATT Research - This guide from the New York University Law Library "presents the essential sources for researching the former GATT system and the current system under the Uruguay Round agreements and the World Trade Organization."