Research Guides: General Business Information
Large Sites & General Guides
- Business Reference Services - This site has been prepared by the Business Reference Services of the Library of Congress and includes information about LC's business collection as well as a nice listing of business related internet sites.
- ForecastCenter.com - This site is an excellent resource for anyone seeking information about future trends. It is maintained by Irving Leveson (former executive with the Hudson Institute and Hudson Strategy Group. Access to much of the information is free, but you need to register to gain access to most of the information. There are also links to numerous reliable and current sources on futures groups, conferences, government and professional sites, business and labor organizations and foundations.
- GPO Access Business and Economy Page - This site has been created by the U.S. Government and is intended to provide information from the government on frequently asked question; business and economic regulations; publications; and a listing of additional federal business and economic resources.
- Resources on the Internet for Business Journalists - A compilation of links, arranged by topic, to sites that may be useful to business researchers. Topics include business news publications, Securities and Exchange Commission filings, the economy, law and regulation, public records, healthcare, insurance, and public opinion. Most sites are available for free. From a journalism professor.
- Business Ethics - Comprehensive web site about business ethics which includes Articles & Publications; Case Studies; examples of Corporate Codes of Ethics - including Enron's; Professional Organizations & Associations; Resources & Centers; and Additional Ethics Resources.