Research Guides: Company Information
- Annual Reports at Yahoo - This free service by Yahoo Finance provides you with quick access to annual reports and other information on over 3,500 companies.
- Business Filings Databases - Updated - This is a compilation of all the state locations for sources of information on corporate and business filings.
- Corporate Watch - Web site dedicated to observe transnational corporations at the local, national, and international levels and to provide readers with information to investigate and analyze corporate activity.
- Forbes lists - On this site you can find the various lists that Forbes compiles including the lists for the top domestic companies, best small companies, and world's largest companies.
- Fortune 500 - Fortune Magazine's annual list of the top 500 U.S. companies ranked by revenues.
- Hoovers Online - Includes links to company web sites as well as company profiles for privately held firms and publicly traded companies. [For HSU only, Hoover's Company Record covers more than 40,000 public and non-public companies in addition to providing in-depth industry and company information.]
- The Inc. 5000 List - Inc. Magazine’s list of the country’s fastest growing private companies.
- Public Register's Annual Report Service - Free annual reports of public companies trading on the NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, OTC and TSX exchanges. See also their green alternative, The Public Register Online, the largest free directory of over 5,000 online annual reports or 10-K presenations available on the web.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange - EDGAR (Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis and Retrieval system) - "All companies, foreign and domestic, are required to file registration statements, periodic reports, and other forms electronically through EDGAR. Anyone can access and download this information for free. Here you'll find links to a complete list of filings available through EDGAR and instructions for searching the EDGAR database."
See also How to Find U.S. Corporate Data