Research Guides: Accounting
- Accounting Terminology Guide - The New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA) General Committee on Public Relations prepared this glossary as an educational tool for journalists who report on and interpret financial information.
- AICPA Online - This site is maintained by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and provides a searchable collection of accounting information. Particularly useful are the links to CPA Links, which lists numerous general sites of interest to CPAs; the Students section, which offers information about the profession and research tips; the Educators section, where you can find information on curriculum-related programs and services; and Resume Match, a useful area for the job seeker. The search engine is rather limited and it is best to read the instructions provided in order to formulate a good search of the site.
- RAW - Rutgers Accounting Web - Includes accounting resources on the web, listings of accountants, accounting standards by FASB and GASB, international accounting information, etc.
- Pro2Net - A comprehensive online resource for professionals in accounting, financial services, human resources, insurance, and law. A "Resource Library" features tax and financial listings from state, federal, and international institutions, as well as selected fulltext news articles. There is also a link to "Find an Accountant" that includes more than 100,000 U.S. accounting firms, and is searchable by person's name, firm name, city, state, or industry focus. The "Career Center" allows you to search by firm or location, and students may find the browsable list of professional resumes useful.
- Tax and Accounting Sites Directory - A comprehensive index of web-based tax and accounting resources. The directory is designed to be a starting point for people who are searching for tax and accounting information, products, and services.
- Yahoo's Accounting Listings - Nice general listing of accounting information. It includes pointers to companies, courses, as well as specific accounting sites.