Other Places to Look
- Atlas of American Agriculture (Baker) 1936 (Atlas G 1201 J1 U55 1936 folio)
- Atlas of American Agriculture (Pillsbury) 1996 (Atlas G 1201 J1 P5 1996)
- Dimensions of Need: An Atlas of Food and Agriculture (Loftas and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United States) 1995 (ref HD 9000.4 D56 1995)
- Geospatial Sites and Web Map Servers (Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research-Consortium for Geospatial Information-CGIAR-CSI) Contains links to CGIAR centers with agricultural geospatial sites and map servers. Servers cover topics such as cassava, forestry, potatoes, and rice.
- Greenness of the Conterminous U.S. (US Geological Survey) Vegetation index maps--"greenness" maps--are produced every week from satellite imagery (Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) data) to show the health and vigor of vegetation. The primary dataset used is the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI). The dataset supports wildland fire management, drought monitoring, and agricultural and rangeland assessment applications.
- Penguin Atlas of Food (Millstone and Lang)
2003 (ref HD 9000.5 M52 2003)
- State of the Land (US Natural Resources Conservation Service) Links to several hundred maps on a United States basemap that have been derived from Natural Resources Inventory data. Subjects covered include agricultural productivity, climate, cropland, forest land, grazing land, land capability, land use, soils, water quality, water supply, and wetlands.
- World Atlas of Agriculture (International Association of Agricultural Economists) 1969-1976 (Atlas G1046.J1 W6 1969) The 4-volume set and loose-leaf map portfolio contain agricultural maps, charts, and statistics on 162 countries.
- U.S Census of Agriculture (US Bureau of the Census and USDA National Agricutlural Statistics Service) Atlas
series containing dot and cloroplath maps on a national base derived from
each Census of Agriculture
- 1974 Census of Agriculture. Graphic Summary
(Volume 4 Special Reports Part 1) 1978 (Docs C 3.31/5 1974 v4 pt1)
- 1978 Census of Agriculture. Graphic Summary
(Volume 5 Special Reports Part 1) 1992 (Docs C 3.31/5 1978 v5 pt1)
- 1982 Census of Agriculture. Graphic Summary
(Volume 2 Subject Series Part 1) 1985 (Docs C 3.31/12 1982 v2 pt1)
- 1987 Census of Agriculture. Agricultural Atlas
of the United States (Volume 2 Subject Series Part 1) 1990 (Docs
C 3.31/12 1987 v2 pt1)
- 1992 Census of Agriculture. Agricultural Atlas of the United States (Volume 2 Subject Series Part 1) 1995 (Docs C 3.31/12 1992 v2 pt1)
- 1997 Census of Agriculture. Ag Atlas Maps (USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service) Includes 315 maps derived from the 1997 Census of Agriculture.
- 2002 Agricultural Atlas of the United States (USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service) Includes 276 maps derived from the 2002 Census of Agriculture. See also the Interactive Statistical Map that uses data from the 2002 Census.
- 2007 Census of Agriculture. Ag Atlas Maps (USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service)
- 1974 Census of Agriculture. Graphic Summary (Volume 4 Special Reports Part 1) 1978 (Docs C 3.31/5 1974 v4 pt1)
- World Food Summit Technical Atlas (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) 1996. Series of maps on a world base that show patterns of world food production and nutrition.
- Your Food Environment Atlas (US Department of Agriculture) Provides a spatial overview of a community’s ability to access healthy food and its success in doing so. Includes 90 indicators of the food environment covering food choices; health and well being; and community characteristics.