Reference Resources & Quick Facts
= restricted to campus users and authenticated HSU remote users
- California Business Portal - This site lists all the information needed to start a business in California. It includes information on statutorily required filings, trademarks, service marks, UCC financing statements, and Notary Public Commissions.
- California Tax Forms, Instructions, and Publications - Franchise Tax Board's site has 1994 to the present tax forms, miscellaneous forms, instructions for electronic filing of tax forms, etc.
- CEOExpress: The Best Business Links for Senior Executives - Althought this site is aimed at business executives, its comprehensive directory of links has many resources of use to the layperson; e.g., business news, financial information, stock quotes, etc.
- ConsumerSearch.com - ConsumerSearch has been called the best source of expert product reviews on the Internet. ConsumerSearch editors "scour the Internet and print publications for comparative reviews and other information sources relevant to the consumer. We then analyze these reviews and sources and rank them according to how credible they are, based on specific criteria we have developed for this purpose." Links to original sources of reviews are provided.
- Federal Citizen Information Center - The Federal Citizen Information Center is a service of the U.S. General Services Administration. Its purpose is to provide federal publications, on a variety of topic areas, to consumers. The web site contains the latest catalog with descriptions and full text versions of over 300 consumer publications in many subjects, including the Consumer Action Handbook.
- FXConverter™ - View any exchange rates among the 164 currencies for any day since 1 January 1990 through today. The currency converter is updated daily at 8:00 p.m. EST.
- Hoover's Company Records - Covers more than 40,000 public and non-public companies and 225,000 key executives. Hoover's provides in depth industry analyses, information on a company's location, summary financials, top competitors, top officers, and more.
- How Much is That Worth Today? - From Economic History Services, this site compares the purchasing power of money in the United States (or colonies) from 1665 to any other year including the present.
- INTEREST.COM - This site claims to be "the largest clearinghouse of mortgage information on the web." An interactive mortgage calculators page is available where you can determine monthly payment, income requirements, deductions, etc.
- SuperPages.com - Consumer Guide - This service features product information, ratings, reviews,and recommendations for over 100 consumer product categories, including New Cars and Used Cars plus integrated links into the Yellow Pages and Classifieds Ads.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers - Thomas Register on the Internet includes both American and Canadian companies. You may search by company name and brand name. Has links to companies' web sites and online catalogs.
- U.S. Federal and State Income Tax Forms - This site points to various sources of federal and state income tax forms.
- The Universal Currency Converter(tm) - Another currency converter with pull-down lists.
- What is its Relative Value? - From Economic History Services, this site allows you to use five series for making comparisons in the value of US dollars between any two years from 1789 to 2001. They are the CPI, the GDP Deflator, the unskilled wage rate, the GDP per capita, and the GDP.
- More information may be found on HSU Library's Business Resources on the Web page.