The purpose of this guide is to help students at HSU identify different viewpoints on a certain topic while using magazines provided by the library and resources from the internet.
|Magazines (type the title into the Journal and Newspaper Finder to see options of availability)||The American Spectator
The Weekly Standard
|The American Prospect
In These Times
New York Review of Books
The New Yorker
The Utne Reader
The Washington Monthly
|Internet||Ideology Right compiled by Ron Gunzburger||Ideology Left compiled by Ron Gunzburger|
- CQ Researcher - A journal providing in-depth, non-biased coverage of political and social issues. The Pro/Con section on each issue is quite helpful in providing opposite viewpoints.
- Congressional Digest - Each issue presents both sides of an important public policy controversy.
- International Debates - Each issue covers an important and timely international issue and includes in-depth background information, key documents, and diverse global perspectives.
- ProCon.org is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, public benefit corporation whose purpose is to educate the public about controversial issues by presenting facts, news, and diverse opinions.
- Supreme Court Debates - Each issue covers a current prominent case, along with in-depth historical and legal background and excerpts from lawyers’ arguments before the Court.
- Current topics provided by Information Company CSA
- Directory U.S. Political Issues - A list of US political issues provided by Yahoo.
- Hot Issues & Debates compiled by Ron Gunzburger.