Research Guides: Linguistics
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Language
and Linguistics (http://www.cal.org/erriccll)
- A comprehensive catalog of language-related Internet resources with more
than 2000 links including online language lessons, translating
dictionaries, native literature, translation services, software, language
- The Linguist List
- The most comprehensive listing of sources of linguistic information.
in SIL (SIL International)
- Good comprehensive site for sources of electronic text and hosts Ethnologue, "a catalog of
all the languages spoken in the world today".
Atlas of North America
- Good site about linguistic changes in progress in North American
English from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Proto Indo European
Language Demonstration and Exploration Website
- Learn how linguists, anthropologists, and archeologists work together to
reconstruct our ancient linguistic ancestor, Proto-Indo-European, and how
much of the ancient past still exists in our language today.
Guide to Phonetics
- This is a great online phonetics course from the University of