Library Services for Faculty
This page contains links to HSU Library services and resources important to faculty in their instruction and research.
Library Faculty by College - contact the librarian responsible for collection development and instruction in your curricular area.
Affordable Learning Solutions - The CSU's Affordable Learning Solutions Initiative is designed to enable faculty to choose and provide quality educational content that is more affordable for their students.
Current Awareness - use the following services to receive automatic notification of new publications in your area of interest. In almost all cases you first need to establish a user profile with the service.
- EBSCO Alerts - establish subject search profiles in Academic Search Premier to receive daily, weekly or monthly notification of new references added to the databases that match your profile.
- Google Scholar - create subject keyword alerts.
- Highwire Press - create an table of contents alert, subject keyword alert, or a citation alert for articles that cite a specific paper for the 900 journals published by Highwire Press.
- IngentaConnect --create subject or table of contents alerts from a database of 20,000 journals.
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- ProQuest Alerts - set up subject profiles to receive weekly notification of new research indexed in ERIC, PsycINFO, Social Services Abstracts or Sociological Abstracts.
- EBSCO Alerts - establish subject search profiles in America: History and Life, Communication and Mass Media Complete, ERIC, Historical Abstracts, MLA Bibliography, or SPORTDiscus to receive daily, weekly or monthly notification of new references added to the databases that match your profile.
- Sciences - Current Awareness in the Sciences - lists current awareness sources in the sciences.
Humboldt Digital Scholar - add a digital copy of your scholarly research to Humboldt's growing collection of institutional scholarship. Increase its visibility worldwide.
Information Literacy and Media Competence
Information Management - a critical part of the faculty research process is keeping track of references (citations) - journal papers, books, web pages, images, quotations, etc. - that support your research so that you can properly cite them in your work using a required publication style. Reference Management Tools for Research and Writing lists recommended "reference management programs" available to HSU faculty.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery