START USING INGENTACONNECT|
HSU Document Delivery Service
WHO CAN USE IT?
Faculty and graduate students are eligible. Faculty register once,
while graduate students need to re-register each fall. Senior Seminar
students are issued accounts for the semester as part of library
instruction requested by the responsible instructor.
Pick up and complete a form from the Information Services Office, Library
112, or print off and return the online
form. You will be given the deposit account number and password
assigned to your college. You will need this information to set up an
account to order articles. Then go to the link on the HSU Library
Databases menu, or directly to IngentaConnect.
When you access the HSU IngentaConnect link you will be prompted for a
- If you are setting up a new account, click the button labeled
"sign up" at the top of the screen, and fill out the setup form. Click
"submit". On the "manage profile" screen, choose "claim account" (towards
the bottom of the page). Type in the library deposit account number and
password and "submit". You are now ready to order. Keep track of your
personal account login and password! You will need these to use the
HOW DO I ORDER ARTICLES?
IngentaConnect provides articles published from 1988 onwards for over
journals. To order:
- Search for the article using keyword, title, author, or journal
title. Try the "Fax/Ariel Content" option first, and then if
you do not find
it try "Electronic Content".
- When you locate the article, check "holdings for CSU Humboldt" to
find any local electronic or print content using the "FindIt" button.
You can request an interlibrary loan using IngentaConnect if you
prefer. To order from IngentaConnect, click the title link and "Add
to cart". Click "full text availability" and then "Proceed to Checkout".
- You will be prompted for your "account password." This means your
DEPOSIT ACCOUNT password. Type it in and click "proceed". A
confirmation screen should appear.
NB: You cannot order articles from print titles we own here at
HSU. Article costs are subsidized up to $40.00. Some publishers do not
permit IngentaConnect to deliver copies of articles in their
HOW DO I SET UP REVEAL TABLE OF CONTENTS
Choose "Manage Profile" and then "My Table of Contents". IngentaConnect
show you a list of the journals for which you are set up to receive tables
of contents ("TOCs") if you have any.
- To set up a new one, search for the journal title on this screen and
then click the box in front of the title. The title will be added to your
list, and when a new issue enters the IngentaConnect database you will
email listing the table of contents. You can order directly from that
mailing if you wish.
- To delete a title, uncheck the box in front of the title.
HOW DO I SET A REVEAL RESEARCH ALERTS?
IngentaConnect will send you emailed notification when articles enter
system that match a search you want to monitor. To set up a research
- Run the desired keyword or author search in the database.
- At the results screen, go to "saved searches" on the left hand menu
and use the "add to alerts" button to activate your new search alert.
- To delete a Reveal Alert, go to "Reveal Alerts" and click the
"delete" button next to that search.
OTHER OPTIONS TO EXPLORE:
- Saved Searches that you can rerun as you choose. These can be
organized into folders.
- Marking articles as you browse.
- Some articles now have article summaries to use to evaluate whether
you really want to order the item.
Contact IngentaConnect's customer service desk at 1-800-772-4570, email email@example.com, or ask
a reference librarian.
Mary H. Kay
August 15, 2006