Humboldt Room Photograph Collections
Metadata for Photograph Collections
Photo ID: unique identification number
- Collection: Name of the collection (e.g. HCC photos, Palmquist, Swanlund-Baker)
- Source: Source of item – what collection or donor it came from, if known. (e.g. SBF, Melendy, Genzoli, Tinkey)
- Type: Photo, Map, or Document
- Photographer: Name of the original photographer, if known (e.g. A. W. Ericson, Seely Bros., R. J. Baker)
- Photographer’s Number: Number assigned by the original photographer, if any
- Date: Options
- No Date: blank
- Full Date: MM/DD/YYYY format
- Unsure of Year/ Circa: 1938?
- Unsure of Month & Day: ?/?/1938
- Certain of Decade: 1930’s
- Title Assigned by Author: Title given by the original photographer, if any.
- Publisher: For postcards, when the photographer is not the one reproducing the postcards.
- Alt Title: Title that is not by the original photographer.
- Unknown Contributor: [Title/?]
- Known Contributor: [Title/contributor’s initials](e.g. Palmquist = [Title/pp], Susie Baker Fountain = [Title/SBF])
- HSU Library: [Title] Usually created during processing
- Location: Where the item is physically kept. Depending on the collection this could mean a binder number or a folder name.
- Subjects: The HSU Library uses a “controlled vocabulary” list
- Names: Any persons identified by name in the image. May be noted in “Comments” or “Notes” fields.
- Region: This Regions Map was created to help researchers find things that are known to be about a certain region
- Notes: Comments written/printed/stamped on the item are transcribed with quote marks around them
- Comments: Additional information supplied by a researcher/cataloger that is not reflected in other fields.
- Notes on Verso: Any additional text written on the back is transcribed, using quote marks.