Digital Spatial Data - California (Northwestern)
This research guide lists major guides and collections of digital spatial data for California (Northwestern)
- Humboldt Bay and Eel River Delta Data Inventory Prepared by the Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District and PhotoScience
- Arcata Maps/GIS (City of Arcata)
- Eureka Geographic Information System (City of Eureka)
- GIS Data Depot: Humboldt County, Del Norte County, Siskiyou County, Trinity County and Mendocino County (GIS Data Depot) Datasets available for downloading for each county include DEMs, DLGs, DOQs, DRGs, FEMA Q3 Flood Data, Land Use/Land Cover and 2000 TIGER/Line files.
- Humboldt Bay Atlas (Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District) Geographical information system containing biological, physical and infrastructure data for Humboldt Bay; includes interactive maps, pdf maps and a depository of downloadable gis coverages.
- Humboldt County GIS Data Download (Humboldt County Planning Division)
- Northern California (US Environmental Protection Agency. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Program) Dataset produced for the Western EMAP Northern California Pilot Study Area (NCPSA). The dataset study area boundary includes the Pacific Ocean coastline from Tomales Bay in California extending to the mouth of the Rogue River in Oregon on the west, trends along the Oregon-California state line to near Goose Lake on the north, and follows the western edge of Californias Central Valley to a location near the community of Petaluma on the east and south. The purpose of the dataset is to help resource managers better "understand and access the status and trends in the condition of the area's ecological resources and the stressors affecting these systems." The GIS dataset includes layers for hydrograhy, land cover, roads, vegetation, soils, land ownership, mines, regulated facilities, and demography. Also included is the Analytical Tools Interface for Landscape Assessments (ATtILA) ArcView extension that allows users to calculate common landscape metrics, including landscape characteristics, riparian characteristics, physical characterics,and human stresses.
Last Updated: February 19, 2013, by Robert Sathrum