Center for Indian Community Development (CICD) Collection
In 1966, Humboldt State University (HSU) established the Center for Community Development (CCD) to provide services and outreach to American Indian communities in Indian Country on behalf of HSU. The name was changed to the Center for Indian Community Development (CICD) in 1991; CICD closed in 2013. This collection reflects CICD's primary service areas, many of the final products of which are available online through Humboldt Digital Scholar.
- American Indian languages and material development.
- Ethnographic and linguistic research and coordination for linguistic and ethnographic projects.
- Grant writing and grants administration.
- Development of materials and resources such as books, audio and video resources, language curricula, and Tribal archives.
- Representation of American Indian communities' interests in public forums and assisting in negotiations between the Tribal governments and federal, state, and local governmental agencies.
- Planning, coordination, and production of conferences, workshops, seminars, educational courses, and meetings.
For LYLA 2014 Conference Participants: Draft Collection Finding Aid