Print Reserves Borrowing Information
CHECKING OUT PRINT RESERVES
- Check out Print Reserves at the Reserves Desk in the lobby.
- Valid HSU ID required for items to be taken OUT of the Library.
- Any photo ID required for items to be used IN the Library.
- You are responsible for returning items by the last time stamped on the date due slip.
- Return Reserve items in the slot on the west side of the Reserve Desk. Items left elsewhere may accrue overdue fines.
- Only ONE Reserve Item may be checked out at a time, with these exceptions:
- Up to 3 Items may be checked out together for ONE HOUR.
- At closing up to 3 Overnight Use or One-Day items may be checked out together. ALL are due back next day at opening hour.
- Loan Periods are set by the instructor.
- 2-Hour Reserve items circulate for 2 hours, can be renewed if no holds.
- Library Use Only items cannot leave the building.
- 2-Hour/Overnight Use items may leave the building.
- Overnight checkout available 1 hour before closing, due back next day by opening hour.
- One-Day Reserve items may NOT be renewed.
- Check out anytime, due next day at closing.
- Holds may be placed on 2-Hour Reserve items only.
- Place holds up to 2 days in advance at the Reserves Desk with an HSU ID.
- Holds are on the hour. If not claimed by quarter after the hour, the hold expires.
- Renewals – in person at the Reserves Desk, online, or by phone (826-3431).
- Permitted on 2-Hour Reserves if there are no holds on the item.
- One-Day Reserve items are NOT renewable.
OVERDUE FINES FOR RESERVES
- Overdue Fines for Reserves are $1 per hour
- For each Reserve item checked out.
- $1 fine charged even for portions of hours.
- Fines accrue every hour the Library is open.
- There is NO grace period.
- Permanent Reserves are located behind the Reserves Desk and include:
- Book of the Year hard copy and CD versions.
- CSU/HSU-related information.
- Study materials for the Government and History Challenge Exams.
- HSU catalogs.
- Faculty training materials .
- Study materials for the CBEST, GRE, GWPE, MPT, & TOEFL exams.
- Environmental Impact Reports and other general interest items.
For additional information, contact the Print Reserves staff by e-mail at ONCORES/Reserves, call 826-3435 or x3431, or stop by the Library Reserves Office in Library 110 (behind the Circulation Desk).