Overview of the HSU Library Print Reserves System
PRINT RESERVES are:
- Items that are placed on reserve by instructors for the use of students enrolled in their courses
- Items from the Library collection or instructors' personal copies
- Located behind the Reserve Desk in the lobby
- Available for limited checkout as specified by the instructor
- Required to follow the Copyright and Fair Use guidelines
- Examples of reserve items include:
- Articles (hard copies)
- Lecture notes
- Exam copies
- DVDs and videos
- Computer software
PERMANENT RESERVES are:
- Items of general interest, not linked to a particular course
- Available for limited checkout
- Located behind the Reserves Desk in the lobby
- Examples include:
- Book of the Year hard copy and CD versions
- CSU and HSU-related information
- Study materials for the Government and History Challenge Exams
- HSU catalogs
- Materials for faculty training
- Study materials for the CBEST, GRE, GWPE, MPT, & TOEFL exams
- Environmental Impact Reports
Searching online for Print Reserve and Permanent Reserve items
- On the HSU Library homepage, select the ONCORES/Reserves link under MyLibrary in the left column.
- Search by the instructor's last name or the course number.
- Permanent Reserves are listed under Department on the search page.
- If an item listed has "ONCORES" or “Moodle” in the title, it is an electronic reserve item. Select the title to access these items - see the ONCORES pages for more information.
- Print Reserve (hard copy) items are available for checkout at the Reserves Desk in the lobby, first floor of the Library.