Accessing ONCORES Readings
ONCORES: Online Course Reserve System
To access ONCORES, the Humboldt State University Library Online Course Reserve System, using a web browser:
- Open the HSU Library homepage (http://library.humboldt.edu).
- Under either Quick Links or Search, select ONCORES/Reserves to go directly to the Course Reserves search interface in the HSU Library Catalog.
- Use one or more of the drop-down menus on the Course Reserve search screen to locate both online and print reserve readings by instructor name, department, and/or course number.
- Once you have retrieved your search results, select your title from the list:
- If the location listed under that title reads "ONCORES (Use Internet Link)," select the title link, which will take you to a brief library record for the reading. Proceed to step 5.
- If the location listed under that title reads "Reserve Desk, first floor," proceed to the Circulation/Reserve Desk in the main lobby on the first floor of the Library to check out a print copy of the reserve reading. A photo ID is required.
- From the brief library record display, select the link labeled "Internet Link."
- After selecting the link labeled "Internet Link," you will be prompted to enter your HSU name and password (the same you use for your email).
- Once you have successfully logged in to ONCORES, you will receive a page with a copyright notice, a disclaimer, and a link that you should select to access your reading.
NOTE on Format: Most ONCORES documents are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). In order to access PDF documents, your web browser will need Acrobat Reader software. Acrobat Reader is available on all computers in the Library, as well as all Academic Computing Labs on campus. Acrobat Reader software can also be downloaded to your personal computer free-of-charge from the Adobe web site. ONCORES documents that are in HTML format are readable from any web browser without additional software.
NOTE on Print Quality: The quality of on-screen text is largely dependent upon the clarity of copy submitted to the Reserve Office and the capabilities of your computer. Some text and images may not appear sharp on the screen, but will generally produce readable copy when printed out.
Further information about this service is available via the ONCORES main menu. Questions, suggestions, and comments can be directed to ONCORES staff by ONCORES/Reserves, by telephone at 826-4401, or in person at the Library Reserve Office in Library 110 (behind the Circulation Desk).